Thursday, November 20, 2008

$1.74, what a bargain

I couldn't help but not publish the price of gasoline! I can afford to drive again! Not that I want to do cross country driving again anytime soon but it is nice just to have that option. I was suprised because my sister who lives in southern Utah is still paying close to $3.00 a gallon. Now that is ridiculous!
However, on the downside of it all, it boils down to our economy being in terrible shape. But on the other side, I am saving a bundle of money! Especially since my husband drives close to 400 miles a week to school and work. The only thing that I don't understand is why we are still paying outrageous costs for food and other items that were jacked up due to the rising cost of fuel. Now that fuel cost is down, I haven't seen too many other products lower their prices......except for maybe SUV's and trucks. One thing that I would love to see come down in price is the cost to ship packages. I think I paid 7-8$ the other day to mail a small package. It doesn't seem like that long ago that UPS had a $2.99 shipping fee for small packages. Those days are long gone.

No comments: